The original Twin City Golf Club was formed in 1938. Back then the city of Kennewick purchased the property known as Hover’s Fountain Park from the KID for $100 for the purpose of creating a golf course. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) worked with the members of the Twin City Golf Club built the original 9 hole course. Kennewick specified in the first lease to the club that none of the materials or labor had been provided by the city for the new course. The original lease with the city required that the course should always allow for public play. Many Tri-Citians did not realize that the provision continues today. The first lease provided for a fee of $1.50 for 18 holes or $1.00 for 9 holes on weekends and a membership fee of no less than $18 for a year. It was 1948 when the Twin City Golf Club was renamed the Tri-City Country Club. For the next 40 years community leaders and businessmen knew that the Country Club was the center of important community events, the splashy receptions, and was the place to be seen.
Throughout the 50s and 60s it was also the premier golfing destination in the Tri-Cities hosting prestigious events and tournaments. Now it is known more as the “shotmakers” course and the most couple friendly course in the area. Friendliness and hospitality remain hallmarks of the course and “Tumbleweed” is still among the best women’s tournaments in the state.
On October 3, 2017 the members of the Tri-City Country Club unanimously voted to transfer ownership of club assets to a group of 20 members organized as Save the Club LLC. This allowed the club to reorganize and rebrand the facility as Zintel Creek Golf Club, named for the meandering creek flowing from Zintel Canyon that sustains the old growth trees providing lavish shade for avid golfers. Zintel Creek Golf Club ushers in a new era dedicated to continue time honored traditions of providing the finest golf, social and family amenities, while also being open to the public.